Supply Chain Solutions
- A customer relocated their manufacturing facility from the West Coast to the Mid-West and lost key employees in the process.
- Both locations needed inventory to produce products during the transition, making it difficult to keep accurate track of inventory in either location.
- Key shipments to their customers were falling behind, costing them money and time to resolve.
- Customer also needed a coordinated go forward plan to minimize freight cost and lead time.
- Using customer supplied forecasts, Arvinyl managed all raw materials, monitored inventory levels and maintained production efficiencies, implementing reorder points and sales vs inventory spreadsheets to use going forward.
- Arvinyl began stocking some of their more commonly used raw materials and produced finished goods ahead of schedule to warehouse for just in time shipping.
- Arvinyl coordinated appropriate packaging to both locations, managed shipping logistics and negotiated exceptional freight rates, even better than they were currently paying.
- Eliminated inventory errors and missed shipments, resulting in profit.
- Created floor space for our customer to stock other materials needed to support the move.
- Helped reduce their stress and protect their reputation during the transition period of one facility to another.
- Reduced shipping expenses and eliminated expedite fees without ever causing shortage or overage of materials at either facility, resulting in increased profits.